Course Study Includes:
- The History and Origin of Yoga
- Classical Yoga philosophy
- Chakras & the 5 elements
- Asana, pranayama & meditation
- Modifications and adjustments
- Physical anatomy & movement mechanics
- Subtle body and energetic effects of practice
- Ethics of teaching and scope of practice
- Marketing for teachers
- A deeper understanding of yoga and yoga practice
- How to lead safe and intelligent yoga classes and private lessons for students of varying levels and abilities.
- The how and why of yoga sequencing for vinyasa, hatha, and restorative styles of yoga
- To teach beginners and adapt a practice to meet the needs of the individual
- How to offer hands on assists (and when not to)
- The art of instructing yoga postures, breath techniques, systematic relaxation, meditation, and how to weave yoga philosophy into the group yoga class setting.
- How to empower & inspire the students you teach
- How to teach both in person and online classes.
- A tantric hatha vinyasa yoga training experience that is rooted in the teachings of classical yoga.
- A welcoming and accommodating studio in the heart of downtown Saugatuck. Just a few miles from the shore of Lake Michigan and the Saugatuck Natural Harbor (173 acres of pristine natural dunes and trails)
- Trainers and staff who care about your personal experience and success.
- Opportunities for practice teaching and coaching support after the training ends
1 weekend a month for 9 months (Sept - May)
Saturday and Sunday from 8:30am - 5:30pm
Session can be attended live or via zoom
Sept 18 & 19
Oct 23 & 24
Nov 20 & 21
Dec 18 & 19
Jan 15 & 16
Feb 12 & 13
Mar 12 & 13
Apr 9 & 10
May 14 & 15
$2950 - Early Registration (before November 30, 2019)
$3250 - Paid in full (before start date)
$3550 - Installment plan:
$100 application fee due when applying
$1500 due Sept session
$750 due Dec session
$750 due Mar session
$450 due May session
- Missed payments may result in termination from the training
- The application fee is only refundable in the unlikely case of a participant not being accepted into to the program
- Tuition is non-refundable and non-transferable once the training begins
- If the participant misses hours it is his or her responsibility to schedule make up hours with Teresa. These hours are not included in the cost of training can vary from the cost of a workshop to the cost of a private lesson depending on the content and numbers of hours missed.
1. Email with subject line YTT APPLICATION
2. Submit (at the same time) your $100 application fee via paypal - see below.
3. Application will be sent via email, please reply and return
4. Once your application is approved you can compete your tuition payment or begin your installment plan at the time of your choice.
Are you interested in learning more about our upcoming 200 hour yoga teacher training? Becoming a yoga teacher will transform your practice and your life!
Program director and lead trainer Teresa Van Eyk ERYT500 will hold informational meetings this spring, summer, and fall.
These meetings are optional but a wonderful introduction into the program.
If you would like more info reach out to us with a phone call or email.